Honor Society is a prestigious group of academically strong students who want to use their skills to give back to both the Finn Hill and the greater surrounding community. The founding principles of the organization are scholarship, service, leadership, character and citizenship. Last year we had a successful holiday food drive, and through two other fundraisers earned money to help support Hopelink, a local organization that gives back to families in our community.
· Students must maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 3/5 to be eligible for membership
· Students must perform a minimum of 5 hours community service per quarter
· Students must display leadership in at least one of the Honor Society projects during the year
· Students must act appropriately and show good character in school and the community
· Students must attend the six main meeting during the year, unless prior arrangements are made
Each of the six meetings occur on a Wednesday afternoon from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m., so as not to conflict with school sports and other activities. Membership in the National Junior Honor Society is not only a mark of distinction, but it also allows motivated students to make a bigger impact than they would be able to make on their own.