EAS has a variety of extra-curricular activities available throughout the year. For more information, click on Activities in the blue navigation bar to the left.
Clans / Advisory
Students are divided into five Advisory classrooms, also known as Clans. Clans serve as "home rooms" where attendance is taken and students participate in a variety of organizational and community building activities throughout the year. Good-spirited clan competition becomes part of the school year fun. The Clan groups are Bears, Orcas, Osprey, Ravens and Wolves. Students remain in the same Clan throughout their four years at EAS. Clan teachers serve as Advisors for their students.
- Students are required to attend each class daily unless they are properly excused.
- Absence from school due to illness or other justifiable reasons will be excused provided that a parent notifies the office by phone or email when the student is absent.
- Pre-arranged absences for time out of school require parent permission and the student is responsible for getting assignments from all teachers prior to absence. Pre-arranged absence forms are available in the office.
- When returning to school from an absence or if arriving late to school, students must check in at the office to obtain an Admit Slip to class. Excessive absence or tardiness to school, whether excused or unexcused, is a disruption to the learning environment and will be dealt with accordingly.
- Please try to schedule all personal appointments (e.g. doctor, dentist, etc.) outside of school hours so that students do not miss class time.
Students have daily and long term assignments in all subject areas. All EAS students are required to maintain a student planner for keeping track of homework and for communicating assignments to their parents. Teachers communicate with each other regularly regarding class and homework assignments in an effort to balance the workload and ensure consistent expectations for students.
Students either bring their own lunch or they may purchase lunch in the Finn Hill cafeteria using their EAS issued student ID card. EAS students may eat their lunches in any of the designated lunch areas, which include the Finn Hill cafeteria, the EAS Commons area, cement floored classrooms within the EAS pod or the outside courtyard off the EAS Commons area. Students are expected to behave appropriately in all lunch areas and are responsible for cleaning up after themselves. All designated lunch areas are supervised by EAS student leadership teams.