How to apply for a FULL YEAR WANIC course:
1. Find out details about the full year course you are interested in and the times and locations for it. Most classes are designed for 11th and 12th grade students. Please note courses, descriptions, locations and times are subject to change.
If you attend private school or home school, you will need to register with your local high school before you apply. (Inform them during registration that you are applying to WANIC.)
2. Click here to apply . This application is for 2017-18 full year programs only. Summer applications are not being accepted at this time. If you wish to apply for a class that is located in your school district, please consult with your counselor for your district's application procedure; you do not apply through WANIC*. *Exception - LWSD students must apply for a class in LWSD using the WANIC application.
3. Beginning February 2017, WANIC will have additional information about required site visits and info sessions and will email early applicants. Site visits are required for skill center (3 HS credit) classes; site visits may be required for 1-2 HS credit CTE classes. Students interested in DigiPen classes must attend a DigiPen Information Session (click here for more information). Site visit days for Dental Careers, Health Science Careers (WANIC location), Fire & EMS and Medical Careers are 2:00 pm every other Wednesday Lake Washington Institute of Technology Room A108 - remaining dates are 4/12, 4/26, 5/10, 5/24 or 6/7.Your school's career specialist can help if you need assistance determining site visits.
4. Your counselor may request to meet with you to review credits so that you can obtain your school’s approval to enroll at WANIC.
5. Once your enrollment has been confirmed by the host district of the course you will be attending, you will receive a confirmation email.