Mike Town, one of Tesla STEM High School’s founding teachers, is a recipient of the Patsy Collins Award for Excellence in Education, Environment, and Community.
Certificated employees receive the following benefits:
- $2,000 professional fund per year for tuition, workshop/conference fees, instructional materials or 4 incentive days of pay
- Incentive stipend for experienced teachers, from $500 to $5,000 depending on experience
- New elementary teachers (0-1 years of experience) will not be assigned a split classroom
- New secondary teachers (0-1 years of experience) will have no more than two preps
The district's salary schedules provide more information on compensation for educators.
Certified staff working at least .5 FTE and classified staff working at least 20 hours per week are eligible for:
- Medical insurance (six different plans to choose from)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- State Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Unreimbursed Medical and Dependent Care expenses
- Optional insurance for long-term care, short-term disability and more
- Real estate services
- Pre-paid legal services and ID theft protection
These descriptions of benefits are general: the specific benefits for a particular position may be different. All benefits are subject to change.