All Lake Washington School District students have the right to public education. The U.S. Supreme Court ruled in Plyler vs. Doe (457 U.S. 202 (1982)) that undocumented children and young adults have the same right to attend public primary and secondary schools as do U.S. citizens and permanent residents. Lake Washington does not ask for or collect immigration status information.
Lake Washington School District is a remarkable community for teaching and learning. A large, diverse district with award-winning schools, it provides resources and support to help teachers and students succeed, learn and grow.
LWSD is known for:
- An award-winning new teacher support program
- Diverse, growing communities
- High-performing schools
- Strong community support
- Innovative technology use
- Collaborative learning communities
How to Apply
Apply today to be considered for positions in the Lake Washington School District. Here are a few tips on completing the application:
- Applications are complete when all required data is entered and all confidential reference forms have been returned.
- When you complete your application, be sure to attach a specific or general job posting under the “Applied Jobs” tab.
- You may return to update your application, attach new job openings, add attachments, or view your application at any time.
- Certificated application and hiring process questions, contact Nancy Teteak, email@example.com, (425) 936-1264
- Classified application and hiring process questions, contact Mandy Allen, firstname.lastname@example.org, (425) 936-1248
- All substitute employment questions, contact Tina Ayer, email@example.com, (425) 936-1218
Lake Washington School District Human Resources Department
LWSD Resource Center
16250 N.E. 74th Street
Redmond, WA 98052
P.O. Box 97039
Redmond, WA 98073-9739
Now hiring for the 2017-18 school year
LWSD is actively interviewing and hiring candidates for 2017-18 positions:
- CTE Teachers
- English Teachers
- Math Teachers
- Occupational Therapists
- School Psychologists
- Science Teachers
- Social Studies Teachers
- Special Education Teachers - all grade levels
Help children and your community by working as an LWSD bus driver or substitute bus driver. Drivers start at $23.78 per hour. Learn more about the benefits of driving for LWSD.