All Lake Washington School District students have the right to public education. The U.S. Supreme Court ruled in Plyler vs. Doe (457 U.S. 202 (1982)) that undocumented children and young adults have the same right to attend public primary and secondary schools as do U.S. citizens and permanent residents. Lake Washington does not ask for or collect immigration status information.
As a bus driver in LWSD, you can:
- Help children and your community
- Work 4.5 hours a day, or more
- Receive training & licensing from LWSD
- Make a difference in the lives of children
Pay and Benefits
Substitute and regular bus drivers start at $24.80 per hour.
Regular bus drivers enjoy the following:
- Earn $24.80 - $27.31 an hour
- Earn attendance bonuses
- Full medical, vision and dental benefits
- Contributions to state retirement system
Bus drivers are required to complete the following:
- Motor vehicle/ driving report
- Criminal background check
- Pre-employment physical
- All training will be provided by Lake Washington School District
Questions? Contact Mandy Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org.