Lake Washington School District is planning three ballot measures for the February 13, 2018 election.
Policy code: EL-14
The CEO shall establish and maintain technology systems and applications consistent with accomplishment of the Board’s End Results.
Accordingly, the CEO shall:
- Provide a comprehensive technology plan that directs the priorities and outcomes for the expenditure of technology resources;
- Provide a comprehensive and functional technology infrastructure that addresses needs of staff, students, and community;
- Provide easily accessible, relevant, and current data to appropriate users to direct school and instructional improvement planning;
- Provide for a safe and secure computing environment for students and staff that:
- Prohibits the use of technology resources for commercial, political, illegal, or indecent purposes or that disrupts the learning environment of students;
- Prohibits access to personal information about students or staff that does not have an educational purpose or that is not appropriately authorized;
- Prohibits collection of electronic information for which there is no legitimate need;
- Uses methods of collecting, reviewing, transmitting, or storing information that protect against improper access to the information being elicited.
Monitoring Method: Internal Report
Monitoring Frequency: Annually
Lake Washington School District Board of Directors