For the fourth year in a row, the College Board named Lake Washington School District (LWSD) to its Annual AP District Honor Roll. LWSD is one of only 431 public school districts in the nation and one of eight in Washington to be honored.
Selection of Architect or Engineer
When architectural or engineering services are required by the district, the following procedures shall be followed:
- Announcement for professional services shall be sent to professional and community publications as well as to publications specifically oriented toward minority- and women-owned firms. The announcement shall specify:
- The general nature and scope of the project(s),
- The district representative to contact for further details, and,
- The deadline for submission of letter of interest.
- Each interested architect and/or engineer shall be advised to submit a resume which includes as a minimum:
- Description of professional staff and respective roles for each,
- List of projects completed during the past two years and contact person,
- Status of current contracts,
- Description of typical site supervision,
- References--bank, bonding company, three clients, and,
- Exhibits of cost estimates for two most recent projects.
- Applicants shall be screened by selected staff to identify those to be interviewed.
- Applicants shall be interviewed by the superintendent or designee.
- The selected architect/engineer shall be recommended to the board for approval.
- The superintendent or designee shall enter into negotiations with the firm(s) to establish a professional services fee which is fair and reasonable. If the superintendent or designee is unable to negotiate a satisfactory contract, the next highest ranked firm shall be contacted.