Lake Washington School District is planning three ballot measures for the February 13, 2018 election.
Parents and Community
Policy code: EL-5
With respect to treatment of parents and community, the CEO shall ensure conditions, procedures, actions, and decisions are in place which are safe, lawful, ethical, respectful, and in compliance with Board policies.
Accordingly, the CEO shall:
- Use methods of managing information that protect confidential information of students and families.
- Provide a process for the fair and expedient handling of complaints from parents and community.
- Establish policies and procedures to ensure organizational compliance with all federal and state laws, including those dealing with ethnic, gender, disability, religious, and age discrimination.
- Provide a welcoming environment for parents and community.
- Maintain an open and responsive organizational culture that treats all constituents with respect, dignity, and courtesy.
- Establish and maintain systems for public participation, communication, and involvement.
- Provide to parents and to the community access to appropriate information about school and district programs and academic progress.
Monitoring Method: Internal Report
Monitoring Frequency: Annually
Lake Washington School District Board of Directors