Alcott Elementary School teacher Jennifer Kuehnle won the STAR 101.5 Elementary Teacher of the Week award.
The following procedures are to be followed in naming new schools:
- Principal meets with prospective students of the new school at assembly to explain criteria and procedure.
- Students and family members nominate candidates as per criteria.
- Committee of parents from school or feeder schools and 3 teachers pare list down to 6 - 8 names after checking to see if candidates are qualified.
- Names are presented to the Board of Directors for review.
- Ballot is developed and mailed home to school or feeder school families, one ballot per student. Families are encouraged to help students vote. Original ballot must be returned the next day.
- Committee counts ballots and determines winning name.
- Winner's family is called.
- The district must obtain written confirmation to use student/family name.
- Name is presented to Board of Directors.