Attention Lake Washington School District high school students! Do you own and operate a business? If so, you could win a cash prize in this year’s Teen CEO competition.
Evaluation of Administrative Professional Staff
Each administrator shall be evaluated annually in order to provide guidance and direction to the administrator in the performance of his / her assignment. Each administrator shall be evaluated on the basis of his/her job description, accomplishment of annual goals and performance objectives, and established evaluative criteria.
The superintendent shall develop procedures for these evaluations. Prior to the beginning of the school year, the superintendent shall inform the administrator of the criteria to be used for evaluation purposes, including the adopted goals for the district.
The criteria for the evaluation of Central Office Administrators shall include performance statements dealing with
- Fostering District Culture: Demonstrating understanding of and commitment to district mission, vision, values, and goals.
- Communicating, Facilitating, and Presenting: Engaging in effective and efficient two-way communication.
- Managing Resources: Ensuring that staff and fiscal resources support achievement of strategic goals and fulfillment of legal / policy responsibilities.
- Leading Initiatives and Continuous Improvement Efforts: Developing, implementing, and evaluating data-informed plans for strategic work and division or department improvement.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making: Demonstrating initiative, sound judgment, integrity, and creativity in approaching problems and decisions.
- Engaging Communities: Promoting the success of the organization by creating and sustaining a culture of collaboration and authentic community engagement.
- Leading and Building the Leadership Capacity of Others: Promoting the success of the organization by creating a culture focused on continuous professional growth.
- Growing Professionally: Promoting the success of the organization by focusing on personal growth.
The criteria for evaluation of principals shall be based on the Association of Washington Principals (AWSP) Leadership Framework, which aligns to the eight state-defined criteria in WAC 392-191A-160:
- Creating a school culture that promotes the ongoing improvement of learning and teaching for students and staff.
- Demonstrating commitment to closing the achievement gap.
- Providing for school safety
- Leading the development, implementation, and evaluation of a data-driven plan for increasing student achievement, including the use of multiple student data elements.
- Assisting instructional staff with alignment of curriculum, instruction, and assessment with state and local school district learning goals.
- Monitoring, assisting, and evaluating effective instruction and assessment practices.
- Managing both staff and fiscal resources to support student achievement and legal responsibilities.
- Partnering with the school community to promote student learning.
Both staff members involved in the evaluation conference shall sign the written report and retain a copy for their records. The evaluatee shall have the right to submit and attach a written disclaimer to his / her evaluation following the conference.
GBM - Staff Complaints and Grievances