PE and music classes at Twain Elementary School were intertwined for a week in January while students to learned line and swing dances.
Communication and Counsel to the Board
Policy code: EL-3
With respect to providing information and counsel to the Board, the CEO shall give the Board as much information as necessary to allow Board members to be adequately informed.
Accordingly, the CEO shall:
- Submit monitoring data required by the Board (see policy B/CR-5, Monitoring CEO Performance) in a timely, thorough, accurate and understandable fashion, directly addressing provisions of the Board policies being monitored.
- Advise the Board in a timely manner of trends, facts and information relevant to the Board’s work and implementation of Board policies.
- Advise the Board of significant transfers of money within funds or other changes substantially affecting the district’s financial condition.
- Provide for the Board as many staff and external points of view and opinions as needed for informed Board decisions.
- Advise the Board of anticipated significant media coverage.
- Advise the Board or individual members if, in the CEO’s opinion, the Board or individual members are not in compliance with the board’s policies on Governance Process and Board-CEO Relations.
- Present information in a concise and easily understood format.
- Provide a process for official Board, officer and committee communications.
- Work with the Board as a whole except when:
- Fulfilling individual requests for information or counsel, provided such requests are not disruptive or do not require an inordinate amount of staff time or resources;
- Working with officers or committees duly charged by the Board;
- Communicating with the president.
- Report in a timely manner any unanticipated noncompliance with any Board Ends or Executive Limitations policy.
- Supply for the consent agenda all items delegated to the CEO that are required by law or contract to be Board-approved, along with adequate information necessary to keep the Board informed.
- Establish a procedure for informing the Board in a timely manner of the administrative disposition of complaints presented to the CEO by the Board.
- Recommend for Board approval school attendance boundaries that consider the impacts on families’ continuity with their school and community, and are appropriate to the effective and efficient operation of the district.
Monitoring Method: Internal Report
Monitoring Frequency: Annually
Lake Washington School District Board of Directors