Six high school teams participated in the 5th annual LWSD Culinary Competition.
Annual Agenda Planning
Policy code: GP-6
To accomplish its stated objectives, the Board will follow an annual agenda that schedules continuing review, monitoring and refinement of End Results policies, linkage meetings with community and staff groups, monitoring of policies, and activities to improve board performance through education, enriched input and deliberation.
- The planning cycle will begin at annual extended work session in order that administrative decision-making and budgeting for the forthcoming year can begin and be based upon accomplishing the next one-year segment of the Board’s most recent statement of long term End Results.
- The planning cycle will start with the Board’s development of its annual agenda for the next year, and will include:
- Scheduled linkage discussions and consultations with selected groups and persons whose insights and opinions will be helpful to the Board;
- Education discussions on governance matters, including orientation of candidates and new Board members in the Board’s governance process, and periodic discussions by the Board about means to improve its own performance;
- Education related to End Results policies (e.g. presentations by futurists, demographers, advocacy groups, staff, etc.);
- Scheduled monitoring of all policies.
- Throughout the year the Board will attend to consent agenda items as expeditiously as possible. An item may be removed from the consent agenda only upon approval of a majority of the Board.
- Monitoring of Executive Limitations policies will be included for presentation and discussion on the agenda according to the annual agenda. At the subsequent meeting, Executive Limitations reports will be placed on the consent agenda for approval.
Monitoring Method: Board self-assessment
Monitoring Frequency: Annually
Lake Washington School District Board of Directors