Research shows that students do better when their parents are informed and involved in their education. Parent Access (also known as the Parent Portal) is a web-based tool to help parents stay informed and engaged with their students' education. Parent Access allows parents to view their students' attendance, as well as customized contact lists for their students' teachers, beginning the second week of school.
The Parent Access home page lists your student or students. A single account links a parent to all students in the family. The home page lists all of your students' teachers, providing email links to contact those teachers. If those teachers have websites, links are provided.
In the Links for You section, the following links are available for all parents:
- Haiku/PowerSchool Learning – Class websites where families can view teacher communication about assignments, announcements, and other information. View the Introduction to Haiku/PowerSchool Learning web page to learn more.
- Skyward Family Access – View information about current performance, assignments posted to the gradebook, and scores in your student's classes.
- Elementary Gradebook instructions:
- Middle and High School Gradebook instructions:
- Volunteer application – Parents can fill out the application to volunteer at their student’s school online. All volunteers must be approved before volunteering in the schools. Instructions are now online.
- Parent Access Support – This link points directly to an email where families can receive technical assistance.
- LWSD Home Page – A link back to the main LWSD home page.
- Change Password – A link to follow to change the password to your Parent Access account.
- Lunch Balances – Check your student’s lunch account balance. You can add money to your student’s account balance via credit card through this secure site.
- Teaching and Curriculum Standards – View LWSD adopted learning standards to understand what students are expected to know and be able to do at each grade level.
For senior high parents only:
For all parents:
- High School Research Databases – Searchable databases to assist students in locating and organizing information for class research.
- Graduation Requirements – Tracks a high school student’s progress toward completion of graduation requirements.
- School Home Page – A link to your school's home page.
As a parent, we suggest you register for Parent Access and visit the site periodically, especially since new functions may be added. Teacher email links make it easier to keep in touch with your student’s teachers, to ask questions or share concerns. If you have questions about Parent Access, check the Parent Access FAQ's.
- As a parent or guardian, you may activate your account by accurately entering your first and last name along with the email address that the school already has on file on the Parent Access registration page. If you do not have an email address on file with the school, please go to the school office and supply an email address. They will need to confirm your identity for your security and protection.
- Click the link titled [New User].
- Click the link titled [Register Now].
- Enter your first name, last name and email address, then click on the [Submit] button. If you are successful, the information in red will give you further directions on the registration process.
- Within the next 12 hours, you will need to access your email at the address you entered in the registration process.
- You should receive an email from the LWSD parent questions account. Open the email and follow the detailed information to complete the registration process.
- While you are connected to the internet, click on and open the link in the email message.
- Popup blockers must be turned off to use Parent Access.
- You may also print these instructions by downloading the document Parent Access Registration Instructions.
If you have any problems registering for Parent Access, send an email to ParentQuestions@lwsd.org.
Proceed to the registration page