The Extended Day program offered by Lake Washington School District offers high quality childcare both before and after school for elementary age students within the district. This is the only district-operated before and after school care program offered within the schools.
A ratio of one Instructional Assistant for every 15 to 18 children is maintained at all of the school sites.
This program operates on regularly scheduled school days, beginning with the first day of school in September. In addition, the Extended Day program operates when children are out of school on staff training days, early release days, and during parent-teacher conferences.
The schools served by the Extended Day program are:
- Bell Elementary, (425) 936-2513
- Franklin Elementary, (425) 827-6174
- Frost Elementary, (425) 936-2563
- Keller Elementary, (425) 936-2583
- Kirk Elementary, (425) 936-2590
- Lakeview Elementary, (425) 822-4517
- Rockwell Elementary, (425) 936-2673
- Rose Hill Elementary, (425) 936-2683
- Sandburg Elementary, (425) 936-2703
- Thoreau Elementary, (425) 936-2723
Activities at Extended Day include:
- completing homework
- playing sports and general recreation
- completing arts and crafts
- playing games
- listening to music
- watching movies
Snacks are provided both before and after school.
Eligibility and Cost
To be eligible for the Extended Day program, a child must be of elementary school age and be enrolled in Lake Washington School District.
Extended Day is a self-supporting program, so a fee is charged in order to ensure high-quality services are being provided. Fees are charged monthly from September through June. Pro-rated fees will be established for those using the program less than full time. See the below chart for details.
|AM or PM
* One session fee will be charged on Conference and Half Days. Two session fees will be charged on LEAP Days when school is not in session.
Contact the Extended Day office at (425) 936-1175 for more information and to check availability at your child’s school.