Determining which curriculum will be taught to our students includes an adoption process whereby:
- A diverse group of teachers with subject matter expertise is formed
- Standards and interests are developed
- Screening criteria is created
- Available resources are reviewed
- Consensus and recommendation is made
- Public review is conducted
- Approval from Instructional Materials Committee and Lake Washington School District board
The adoption process is on a timeline with curriculum being reviewed every 8-10 years.
The current list of adopted curriculum is revised yearly.
Instructional Materials Committee (IMC)
The Instructional Materials Committee recommends instructional materials to the board of directors, which must vote to adopt specific curriculum for the district.
The list of materials to be reviewed at IMC meetings is posted here. If you have questions, comments or wish to appeal any of the materials, contact the Curriculum Office at 425-936-1316.
Next IMC Agenda: IMC Agenda, June 6, 2013