Public school students in Washington state may request a transfer from their “home” district, where they reside, to attend school in another public school district, where they do not reside. That is known as an inter-district transfer or out-of-district transfer.
Transfer into Lake Washington School District
Students from other school districts can apply for an inter-district transfer if they want to attend a school in Lake Washington School District. These transfers are approved on a space available basis, after transfers within the district have been accommodated. Please check the closed schools list to determine which schools are closed to transfer.
How to apply:
When to apply:
- Any time after January 1 for the next school year.
How to renew:
- Pick up a transfer form from your resident school district.
- A transfer form must be completed and submitted each year that your student wants to attend a LWSD school.
Transfer out of Lake Washington School District
We are sorry to see you go but understand that sometimes individual students need specific programs this district does not offer. To attend school in another public school district, you must also apply for an inter-district transfer.
- Contact the school district for the school you would like your student to attend to learn when inter-district transfer applications are accepted.
- Print the Inter District Transfer Application or pick one up at the District Office. This needs to be done each year that your student wants to transfer out of a LWSD school.
- Submit the completed transfer request form to LWSD at the address below.
LWSD Resource Center
16250 NE 74th St., Redmond
Lake Washington School District
c/o Creslyn King
PO Box 97039
Redmond, WA 98073
- Lake Washington School District will determine if your request will be approved. If so, the form will be signed and sent to the district you want your student to attend.
- The new school district will notify you if the transfer has been approved.