Books, DVDs and other materials are housed currently at the Lake Washington School District Resource Center (16250 NE 74th Street, Redmond, WA 98052) in the Curriculum Library on the first floor. The same materials are also rolled on a cart into the monthly PTSA Special Needs Group meetings for self-checkout. These materials are available to parents and staff of Lake Washington School District.
What materials are available?
A variety of resources are available and are sorted by the following categories:
- Children’s books
- Education resources
- General health
- Media (CD/DVD/Tape)
- Parenting – General
- State and Local Information
- Special Needs – ADD & ADHD
- Special Needs – Autism, Asperger’s
- Special Needs – General
- Special Needs – Parenting
How to check out an Item:
- At the monthly meeting (select your item and fill out a checkout form).
- During school hours, you can check them out directly from the Resource Center Curriculum Library (Monday through Thursday).
- Call or email the Resource Center Librarian, Sharon Ward at (425) 936-1200 with:
- The name of the material that you would like to checkout.
- Your name, your child’s name (if you’re a parent) and the school they attend.
- Sharon will then send the book to the school via intra-district mail.
Materials will be on loan for four weeks. Please return items promptly so that others will have access to them as well.
How to Return Materials
There are three ways to return materials:
- Work with your school to send it via intra-district mail, with attention to Sharon Ward, Resource Center Library.
- Bring it to the PTSA Special Needs Group monthly meeting.
- Bring your item directly to the Resource Center Library and leave it on Abbie’s desk with a note.
Donations are Gladly Accepted
Donations of books, DVDs, CDs, videos, etc. about disabilities for adults and/or kids are always welcomed! Include a note that states that the items are for the “Special Needs Lending Library.” Donations can be sent in the same way that materials can be returned (see above).
Questions? Contact Jane Horn at (425) 996-0656