All Lake Washington School District volunteers must go through a screening process, for the safety of students and volunteers alike. This year, parents will be able to fill out their volunteer applications online through the secure Parent Access site. Parents who want to use this online application and do not yet have a Parent Access user name and password can visit the new user page for information on how to sign up.
Online application instructions
- Parents log in to Parent Access or sign up as a new user.
- Click the volunteer application icon on the right-hand side of the page.
- Fill out the application.
Basic information including your name, address and phone number is already filled in upon logging in. You can upload a copy of your driver’s license (or legal photo identification) if you have an electronic copy.
- Read the volunteer handbook and agree to the guidelines and expectations.
- Open the link provided to access the handbook.
- Click “Submit Pending Application.”
- Print a copy of the volunteer application confirmation page, which provides your application ID#.
Final application steps
- Submit a copy of your driver’s license (or legal photo identification).
If you did not upload an electronic copy of your photo ID, you must make a copy and attach it to the volunteer application confirmation page. The school or district office can make a copy for you.
- Turn in the confirmation page with the attached copy of your photo ID.
You can turn these items in to the school where you wish to volunteer or to the district office. You should also keep a copy of the confirmation page for your records.
Note: Your application will not be approved until a copy of your driver’s license/photo ID has been received.
When all of your volunteer application materials have been received, the school district will perform the background check, which is required by law. It can take up to two weeks for approval from the time your application materials are received.
You will receive an email confirmation when your application has been approved. Your name will also be added to the approved volunteers list, which all schools have access to. Check with the school to confirm that you are on the approved volunteers list. Volunteer approval is not school specific. Once you are approved you can volunteer anywhere in the district.
If you have any questions about the volunteer application process, please contact the school district at (425) 936-1200.